Blazing Bulgaria Nominated for Very Inspiring Blogger Award!
26.07.2012 § 1 Comment
Some 50 Posts and almost 2400 pageviews since I started this blog, I feel I’ve just barely reached a small, but critical core mass of followers, casual readers and materials so I can begin to represent Bulgaria well to the world.
Which is why I was extremely pleasantly surprised when Esenga’s Voice nominated my blog for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Her travel and experience blog is extremely well-written, and you will find yourself re-reading many passages for the sheer beauty of her words. I want to thank her from the bottom of my heart, for honouring me in this way, but also for giving me a platform to single out those few blogs that make my life better with their inspirational writing.
Seven things about myself:
– I love the interwebosphere. It’s a way to meet the most incredible people, to read the most inspiring stories, and to be constantly, bleedingly up to date.
– I insist on carrying my Canon EOS 20D everywhere. It makes me feel like I own a rugged instrument of travel, regardless of the fact that it’s ancient and it makes my carry-on weigh more than my checked backpack.
– Bulgarian by birth, passport, identity, but only occasionally by geographic proximity.
– It turns out I’ve now been to 17 countries.
– On a desert island, I would eat only Feta cheese, drink only water and listen only to the Beatles.
– I think the bicycle is going to save the world.
– I can’t wait for tomorrow. This is recursively true for every today.
And now – my nominations. I like to live on the edge (and also I’d prefer not to add fillers), so I’ve only nominated 14 bloggers. As I discover more, I will add them to this list. Some are old friends, some are new friends I met on WordPress, and some are well-known inspirers that everyone should be aware of.
http://www.passportandatoothbrush.com/ – Matt and Caro’s brilliant round-the-world travel story
http://www.desdecuba.com/ – Yoani Sanchez’s dissident blog about the real situation in Cuba
http://hiddenmickeyears.blogspot.com/ – a terrific Disney World blog written by a lifelong fan
http://iiordanov.blogspot.ca/ – a technical open-source genius sharing his wisdom with all of us
http://italkyoutalklanguages.wordpress.com/ – perspectives on language learning, translation, and Gaijin living in Japan
http://thekeyholesessions.com/ – a Toronto-based nude life-drawing session
http://kiragetyourbook.wordpress.com/ – a blog about living and working in Toronto as a young actor
http://matt.might.net/ – an ass-kicking kickass, inspiring computer science academic
http://otbivki.com/ – a Bulgarian-language blog about travel and adventure in Bulgaria
http://www.phdcomics.com/ – Piled Higher and Deeper, a comic strip about the struggles of academia
http://www.postsecret.com/ – go. Just go and have a look.
http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/SavageLove – Dan Savage’s sex and relationship advice column
http://sozofia.wordpress.com/ – the blog of an English expat living in Sofia
http://xkcd.com/ – Randal Munroe’s sweet, geeky, inspiring stick-figure comic
Now for the rules to follow when nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
[…] travel tips and stories from all over the world. In fact, they’ve made my shortlist for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I wish Matt and Caro lots of new […]